Saturday was meant to be the final night of the shows, titled Weekends with Adele, however the star said the 34 shows to date were “not enough”.
As a result, 34 more shows have been added, running from mid-June until mid-November – with the final performance to coincide with the inaugural Las Vegas Formula One Grand Prix. Rolling Stone report that the concerts are being promoted as part of the $5 million (£4 million) VIP ticket package around the Grand Prix weekend.
Adele also revealed that the dates in June will be filmed and released as a film. “I am coming back for a few weeks in June and I’m going to film it and I’m going to release it to make sure that anyone who wants to see this show can see it,” the star, 34, said over the weekend.
View this post on Instagram
The announcement was made official on social media yesterday.
Despite the success of the residency now, Weekends with Adele got off to a rocky start in Las Vegas. It was meant to start in January 2022, however it was cancelled less than 24 hours before the opening night, when many fans had already travelled to the city.
A number of reasons were cited for the cancellation, primarily Covid. ““We’ve been up against so much, and it just ain’t ready. I’m so sorry,” Adele said in a tearful message at the time. “We’ve tried absolutely everything that we can to put it together in time and for it to be good enough for you.”
Speaking to Desert Island Discs later, she revealed that she “felt everyone’s disappointment”.
There were also reports that came out last year, claiming Adele was working on a documentary exploring the cancelled dates and her ‘love life’.